Anthony Celelli, Ph.D.
A.W. Bill McGregor Family Chair of Christian Studies Professor of Pastoral Leadership and Ethics
Dr. Tony Celelli became president of SCS in 2005, after coming to the institution as an instructor in 2002. His areas of academic interest are ethics and leadership studies. Licensed for ministry in 1988 and ordained in 1995, Dr. Celelli has served in numerous ministry positions in Texas and New Mexico.
- Ph.D. – Dallas Baptist University (2012)
- M.Div. – Logsdon Seminary (2000)
- B.B.S. – Hardin-Simmons University (1993)
Jena Dunn, Ed.D.
Jena Dunn joined the SCS team in 2008. She is an alumnus of Logsdon Seminary at the South Texas School of Christian Studies and is currently working on her Ed.D. from Texas A&M-Commerce.
- Ed.D. – Texas A&M Commerce
- M.Div. – Logsdon Seminary (attended at the SCS campus) (2011)
- B.S. – Texas A&M Corpus Christi (2008)
Christopher Stapper, Ph.D.
Vice President, Mission and Finance
Christopher Stapper came to SCS in May 2013 after serving for 7 years at First Baptist Church, Athens as the Teaching Pastor and Youth Minister. He also spent 6 years as a part of the leadership staff at Camp Zephyr on Lake Corpus Christi.
- Ph.D. – Dallas Baptist University
- MBA – Dallas Baptist University (2012)
- MACE – Dallas Baptist University (2012)
- B.A. – Howard Payne University (attended at the SCS campus) (2005)
TINA VILLARREAL COOPER, MSIDET
Vice President, Student Experience
Tina first joined SCS as a student in 2011 when she answered a call to ministry while working in the field of distance learning at the Education Service Center, Region 2 for 12 years. She initially volunteered to manage SCS’s distance learning equipment until she officially joined the SCS team in 2012 as Director of Technology Services. She now serves students in the areas of admissions, enrollment, disability services, and student life. She also serves on the Texas Baptists Hispanic Education Initiative Council. She is currently working on her Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from Texas A&M University Corpus Christi.
- Master of Science in Instructional Design and Educational Technology, Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, December, 2017
- Bachelor of Behavioral Science in Ministry, Hardin-Simmons University, 2016
- Associates in Applied Science, Del Mar College, 2011
Tracey Anderson-Tellado, M.Div.
Reverend Tracey Tellado is a commissioned minister with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and is currently on the ordination track. She has been serving as resident Teaching Church Minister at First Christian Church in Beeville, TX since September 2015. Tracey is an alumnus of Logsdon Seminary at the South Texas School of Christian Studies.
- M.Div. – Logsdon Seminary (2016)
- B.A. – Wesleyan College (2002)
Andres Garcia, M.Div.
Director, Certificate Program
Andres Garcia is an alumnus of Logsdon Seminary at the South Texas School of Christian Studies, where he earned his Masters of Divinity in Spiritual Care. He serves as Pastor at New Song Fellowship Church and was ordained in 2010. He is also a teacher, coach, and chaplain at Annapolis Christian Academy. Andres became an instructor at SCS in 2016. He and his wife Amanda have three children.
- M.Div. – Logsdon Seminary (attended at the SCS campus) (2012)
- B.S. – Texas A&M Corpus Christi (2004)
Celeste E. Gonzalez-Moreno, Ph.D.
Dr. Celeste E. González-Moreno came to SCS after completing her Ph.D. in Theology from Regent
University. Her main area of interest is in Joban Studies and the significance of the animal
discourse in the divine speeches. In addition, she is passionate about serving others, sharing the
gospel, and helping equip individuals for ministry. She currently serves as the TFC Small Groups Curriculum Expert at The Family Church at the McAllen campus where she and her family are members. Dr. Gonzalez-Moreno is a resident of Edinburg, TX where she lives with her husband, Javier and two children, Landrah
Danae and Jacek Xander.
- Ph.D. – Regent University (2018)
- MATS – Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary (2006)
- B.A. – University of Texas – Austin (2003)
Tony Miranda, D.Min.
Director, Master's Program
Before joining SCS as Campus Pastor and Director of SCS Programs in 2016, Tony Miranda was the pastor of Primera Iglesia Bautista in Hillsboro, Texas. In addition to six years of previous pastoral ministry, Tony also served as a worship leader in various congregations in Mexico and in Texas. Besides experience in marketing and graphic design, Tony studied international Jewish and Christian traditions in Israel. He has a Doctor of Ministry (DMin) from Truett Seminary at Baylor University. Tony and his wife Daleth have two daughters, Zoe and Noa.
- D.Min. – George W. Truett Theological Seminary, Baylor University (in progress, expected graduation 2018)
- M.Div. – George W. Truett Theological Seminary, Baylor University (2015)
- MBA – Universidad Autónoma de la Laguna (2007)
- B.A. in Biblical/ Theological Studies – Baptist University of the Américas (2011)
- B.A. – Marketing – Universidad Autónoma de la Laguna (2006)
- B.A. – Communication/Graphic Design – Universidad Autónoma de la Laguna (2004)
Krissy Nichols, M.Div.
Director, Library Services
Khristian (Krissy) Nichols is a current student in Logsdon’s M.Div program. She received her Bachelor’s from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor where she double majored in English and Christian Ministry. She also spent a year as a missionary in China from 2011 to 2012. She is an active volunteer at the Coastal Bend Grace House here in Corpus Christi and in the children’s ministry at First Baptist Church in Sinton, Texas. Krissy will be pursuing a Master’s in Library Science following the completion of her M.Div. program with Logsdon.
- M.Div. – Logsdon Seminary (in progress, expected graduation 2018)
- B.A. – University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (2011)
Primitivo Pagayon, M.Div.
Core Faculty, Registrar
Reverend Primitivo Pagayon has been the pastor of Jubilee Christian Fellowship in Harlingen, TX since 1998. He has been married to Nilda Corona Pagayon for 22 years. He has two sons, Stephen, an incoming college freshman and Timothy, a high school sophomore. Primitivo is a graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Management from University of the Philippines in the Visayas at Iloilo City campus. As a student he was very involved in campus ministry. He helped churches without a pastor and a church planting program of the Assemblies of God called Summer of Service. He spent his summer time with other students and young professionals going to various places to start churches for four consecutive years until his graduation. Upon graduating in 1993, he worked at Procter & Gamble Philippines but ultimately responded to the call of God to be a pastor. Before migrating to the U.S. in 1996, he was an associate pastor at Full Gospel Center Church in Jaro, Iloilo City and was also a missionary in Malaysia. Primitivo graduated with his M.Div. Spring 2018 from Logsdon Seminary.
- M.Div. – Logsdon Seminary (attended at the SCS campus) (2018)
- B.S. – University of the Philippines in the Visayas – Iloilo City Campus (1993)
Grover Pinson, D.Min. ABD
Grover Pinson is currently pastor of Windsor Park Baptist Church, Corpus Christi.
- D.Min. (ABD) – Truett Seminary
- M.Div. – Logsdon Seminary (2005)
- B.A. – Hardin-Simmons University (1983)
Executive Assistant to the President
361-991-9403 ext. 120
Assistant to Academics and Enrollment, McAllen Campus
956-340-4859 ext. 260
Director, Enrollment & Financial Aid
361-991-9403 ext. 180
Director, Technology Support
361-991-9403 ext. 180
Director, Development & Bursar
361-991-9403 ext. 190
361-991-9403 ext. 220