9 Tips to Successfully Work Remotely
Mar 30, 2020
Here at SCS, as our operations and classes move online, Dr. Jena Dunn compiled a list of how we can all successfully work from home! Dr. Dunn has worked remotely for SCS for years, so she is leading the way for our staff and faculty to continue equipping students for service in the church and community!
1) Create a morning routine. Still get up and get ready as if you had to go into work!
2) Set up a professional work environment. Have a designated desk and area for you to work during the day.
3) Portray a professional appearance. If you are in zoom meetings throughout the day, you still want your appearance and space to appear professional.
4) Maintain regular hours. At SCS, we maintain our regular hours of working 8:30 AM – 5 PM!
5) Set ground rules for those living with you. Do you have kids? Husbands or wives? Pets? Communicate with everyone to let them know that while you are working, you are off limits.
6) Schedule breaks. Sitting for multiple hours at a time is not healthy for anyone! Make sure you are regularly standing up and moving!
7) Reach out to your colleagues. Calling a colleague or scheduling a zoom call helps everyone feel connected in the organization!
8) Over communicate. When everyone is spread out, it is important to over communicate everything so no detail is overlooked!
9) Block schedule your days, create reminders, and use a To-Do list. Create a schedule of when you are going to work on each project and keep track of everything you need to accomplish with a To-Do list!